Subject: [xml2rfc] xml2rfc bug report

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 08:24:09 -0400

hello.

https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/308 is a bug i 
reported about half a year ago, and i just ran into it again 
(https://github.com/dret/I-D/issues/37 was reported for a draft i 
published yesterday). i am using the online version of xml2rfc. i am 
wondering about the trac tracker in general: is this an active tracker 
where it makes sense to report feedback such as this bug? is there a 
chance that this bug might be fixed, or at least acknowledged? i'd also 
be more than happy to use some workaround, if there is one.

thanks a lot and cheers,

dret.

-- 
erik wilde | mailto:[email-masked] |
            | http://dret.net/netdret    |
            | http://twitter.com/dret    |

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 15:27:12 +0200

Partial Workaround: symrefs=yes (I have no idea why people are still
doing symrefs=no).  This will at least make sure the erefs no longer use
the same number space as the bibliography xrefs.

More workaround: In addition, move the erefs out of the <note...>
section, which like the abstract is a weird section for xml2rfc when it
comes to references.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 09:37:08 -0400

guten tag carsten.

> the same number space as the bibliography xrefs.

https://github.com/dret/I-D/commit/c260298bc043f1b94c33f88945434bc4dd49406d 
does that, thanks for the idea!

> section, which like the abstract is a weird section for xml2rfc when it

maybe. mostly it was my attempt to put that information into a place 
where it can easily disappear eventually without changing what was the 
actual content of the draft.

thanks and cheers,

dret.