Subject: [xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: v2.9.3

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 07:00:07 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.9.3, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.9.3) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Changed the way <date> defaults are calculated.  Previously, today's
    date were used to populate missing day if month and year matched, and
    to populate month if year matched.  However, if today's date lay in an
    adjoining month, even if it was within days of that month, the day
    would be set to the first of the given month.  This commit changes that,
    to use the last day of the month instead of the first of the month, if
    the month is the previous month to today's date.  This will result in
    a different derived date than earlier, closer to today's date.  This
    fixes issue #337.

  * Fixed a bug in a preptool.py error message.  Reverted a prettyprinting 
    change which caused inconsistent behaviour between writers.

  * Moved normalize_month() to utils, for use in multiple writers.

  * Made the makefile less verbose.

  * Improved the pretty-printing of v2v3 output.  Fixed a bug in the 
    attribute_xref_target() handler name that prevented it from being called.

  * Removed whitespace normalization from v2v3 writer.

  * Moved handling of exempted default attributes in preptool inside 
    get_attribute_defaults(), for consistency.

  * Added an option --liberal to permit re-processing of prepped source 
    without error exit.  This mode will be needed when we make the preptool 
    part of the default processing pipeline.  Also removed whitespace 
    normalization for v2v3, exp, and preptool output, in order to not change 
    authors' text formatting when not needed.

  * Lowered the requirement on six to 1.4.1 in order to make installation
    easier on some systems with locked system python libs that include six.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  15 Feb 2018 06:57:05 -0800

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.9.3'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)