Subject: [xml2rfc] #343 (Version 2 cli): scripts.py doesn't work in python2

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 00:06:12 -0000

#343: scripts.py doesn't work in python2

 data/Scripts.txt includes non-ASCII characters, but is loaded as a str,
 not a unicode. With `from __future__ import unicode_literals`, you wind up
 with

 b'# \xc2\xa9 2017 Unicode\xc2\xae, Inc.'.startswith(u'#')

 which gives a UnicodeDecodeError.

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli          |    Version:
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/343>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2018 02:12:05 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [2425]:

 Fixed issues with installation and with execution under python 2.7.  Fixes
 issue #342 and #343.

-- 
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                 |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli          |    Version:
Resolution:  fixed                  |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/343#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>