Subject: [xml2rfc] Problem with the web interface

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 18:28:25 -0400

I do my draft generation using the web interface: 
https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/cgi-bin/xml2rfc.cgi

My typical mode of operation is to open up that page in a tab in my 
browser, select my xml file, and generate in a frame, so I can see the 
results immediately. In another window I edit the xml and then reinvoke 
the converter to see the results of my edit. I do this repeatedly as I 
edit so if something goes wrong I'll know what change caused it.

For the past few months, when I go back in my browser window, from 
seeing the results, and then click Submit again, either the conversion 
hangs, or else it reports an error. I have found I can work around this 
by clicking Browse again, and selecting the same xml file. Then Submit 
works (once). This is annoying!

Can this be fixed?

	Thanks,
	Paul

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2018 10:47:59 +1200

> works (once). This is annoying!

Have you checked whether it's browser-dependent? I have the same problem
with several web services**, and I think it started when Waterfox was most
recently updated (I'm using Waterfox 56.2.1 on Windows).

**e.g. rfcdiff

    Brian