Subject: [xml2rfc] #346 (Version_3_cli_txt): --v3 fails with python stacktrace on test document

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:20:24 -0000

#346: --v3 fails with python stacktrace on test document

 Parsing file test.xml
 WARNING: The 'docName' attribute of the <rfc/> element should have a
 revision number as the last component when submitted: docName="draft-foo-
 bar-02".
 test.xml(2539): Warning: Removed a redundant ascii= attribute from <title>
 test.xml(2541): Warning: Removed a redundant ascii= attribute from
 <organization>
 test.xml(12): Warning: Expected a category, one of
 std,bcp,exp,info,historic, but found none
 test.xml(12): Warning: The 'docName' attribute of the <rfc/> element
 should have a revision number as the last component: docName="draft-foo-
 bar-02".
 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/bin/xml2rfc", line 11, in <module>
     sys.exit(main())
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/xml2rfc/run.py", line 384, in
 main
     textwriter.write(filename)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 163, in write
     text = self.render(self.root, width=72, joiners=joiners)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 192, in render
     res = func(e, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 2495, in render_rfc
     ctext = self.render(c, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 192, in render
     res = func(e, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 1300, in render_front
     parts.append(self.render(c, width, **kwargs))
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 192, in render
     res = func(e, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 1776, in render_note
     text = self.join(text, c, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 211, in join
     etext = self.render(e, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 192, in render
     res = func(e, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 1741, in render_name
     hang=kwargs['joiners'][e.tag].hang
 KeyError: 'name'

-- 
-----------------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
Component:  Version_3_cli_txt      |    Version:
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+-----------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/346>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 14:21:41 -0000

Description changed by [email-masked]:

>     hang=kwargs['joiners'][e.tag].hang

New description:

 {{{
 Parsing file test.xml

 }}}

--

-- 
------------------------------------+-----------------
Resolution:                         |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+-----------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/346#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 16:41:29 +0200

Thanks for this, Julian.

Not sure I'll have time to fix during the ietf week, but I'll have a new
rev out as soon as I can.

Best,

	Henrik

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 18:20:08 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [2555]:

 Removed an assert that prevented rendering of document top when some
 elements are so long that the line width will be more than 72 characters.
 Added support for <note> with <name>.  Added <xref> format default for
 included references.  Added warning for <xref>s without 'pn' attribute
 (which can happen if the <xref> is pointing at an element for which pn is
 not generated (this is probably an error in RFC 7998).  Fixes issue #346

-- 
------------------------------------+--------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
      Type:  defect                 |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version_3_cli_txt      |    Version:
Resolution:  fixed                  |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+--------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/346#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>