Subject: [xml2rfc] #353 (Version_3_cli_txt): keyword syntax in xml2rfc-2.10.0/tests/valid/rfc6787.v2v3.xml

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 06:24:53 -0000

#353: keyword syntax in xml2rfc-2.10.0/tests/valid/rfc6787.v2v3.xml

 {{{
     <keyword>mrcp, speechsc, asr, tts, speech services, speech
 recognition,
 speech synthesis, nlsml, speaker authentication, speaker verification,
 speaker identification</keyword>
 }}}
 Is this valid? Thought the correct way was a `<keyword>` tag per keyword?

-- 
-------------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect             |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium             |  Milestone:
Component:  Version_3_cli_txt  |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                     |
-------------------------------+-------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/353>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 07:19:15 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 <https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7991.html#rfc.section.2.28.p.2>:

 "Note that each element should only contain a single keyword; for multiple
 keywords, the element can simply be repeated."

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------
Resolution:                     |   Keywords:
--------------------------------+-------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/353#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 10:36:55 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 As Julian indicates, this is not correct use of the <keyword> element, but
 xml2rfc does nothing with it, and the schema puts no limitation on the
 text, so I'm not sure if there's anything for xml2rfc to do here.

 When the idnits rewrite that processes XML input arrives, I can see a
 benefit in having an idnits warning if the <keyword> text contains spaces
 or punctuation.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/353#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>