Subject: [xml2rfc] #350 (Version_3_cli_txt): references in <middle> is allowed

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 17:43:06 -0000

#350: references in <middle> is allowed

 Section 2.42 RFC 7991:

 This element appears as a child element of <back> (Section 2.8).

 However this xml snippet is allowed and parsed:

 {{{
 <section><name>Syntax</name>
 <t>The high-order bit of the IP fragment offset field is the only unused
 bit in the IP header.  Accordingly, the selection of the bit position
 is not left to IANA.</t>
 <t>The bit field is laid out as follows:</t>
 </section>
 <references>
 <name>Normative References</name><xi:include
 href="https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.0791.xml"/>
 <xi:include
 href="https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.2119.xml"/>
 </references>

 </middle>
 }}}

 Quite convenient though, but not 100% according to the spec.

-- 
-------------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect             |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor              |  Milestone:
Component:  Version_3_cli_txt  |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                     |
-------------------------------+-------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/350>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 10:44:16 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Huh.  Right.  The schema validation happens before xinclude processing.
 Mph.  Will have to revisit this.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------
Resolution:                     |   Keywords:
--------------------------------+-------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/350#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>