Subject: [xml2rfc] #351 (Version_3_cli_txt): x(None): Error: Cannot insert copyright statements earlier than TLP2.0, effective 2009-02-15

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 06:19:37 -0000

#351: x(None): Error: Cannot insert copyright statements earlier than TLP2.0,
effective 2009-02-15

 I understand this error, but it is a bit annoying as I'm trying to parse
 older RFC documents under this new parser.

 Should it be made a warning and just continue?

-- 
-------------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect             |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium             |  Milestone:
Component:  Version_3_cli_txt  |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                     |
-------------------------------+-------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/351>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2018 10:42:57 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 I think what would make sense here would be to at some point extend
 support backwards for earlier TLPs, but I don't expect that as part of the
 current work.

 I don't think it's right to turn it into a warning in the general case;
 adding a switch to be more lenient in this respect could be a possibility.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------
Resolution:                     |   Keywords:
--------------------------------+-------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/351#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>