Subject: [xml2rfc] #349 (Version_3_cli_txt): xml2rfc 2.10.0 v3 output

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 11:16:04 -0000

#349: xml2rfc 2.10.0 v3 output

 The rendering warns about:

 {{{
 WARNING: No category specified for document.
 WARNING: No (or empty) 'docName' attribute in the <rfc/> element -- can't
 insert draft name on first page.
 }}}
 But those attributes are deprecated in RFC 7991

-- 
-------------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect             |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium             |  Milestone:
Component:  Version_3_cli_txt  |    Version:
 Keywords:                     |
-------------------------------+-----------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/349>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 11:28:46 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Ok, this stops when I give the `--v3` options. Thought this would
 automatically be done.

-- 
--------------------------------+-----------------
Resolution:                     |   Keywords:
--------------------------------+-----------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/349#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 11:29:13 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

-- 
--------------------------------+--------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]       |      Owner:
      Type:  defect             |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium             |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version_3_cli_txt  |    Version:
Resolution:  invalid            |   Keywords:
--------------------------------+--------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/349#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2018 15:03:47 +0200

Hi Miek,

Thanks for exercising the new formatter!

The legacy text formatter and the new v3 text formatter are entirely
separate.  The v3 formatter only knows about elements and attributes
that are not deprecated by RFC 7791; the legacy formatter knows nothing
about 7791.

At some point in the future, I expect to make the v3 formatter the
default, which means a --legacy switch will be needed to use the legacy
formatter.  For now you need the --v3 switch to use the v3 text formatter.

To handle the case where you use --v3 with deprecated schema elements,
xml2rfc always runs the input through the v2v3 converter (and the preptool)
before invoking the v3 formatter.

The missing renderer for <bcp14> is a mistake; I'll put that in as soon
as I'm back from vacation.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2018 16:42:52 +0100

[ Quoting <[email-masked]> in "Re: [xml2rfc] #349 (Version_3_cli_t..." ]
>as I'm back from vacation.

No worries! Thanks for you reply.