Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] #361 (Version_3_cli_txt): Generating an RFC with v3?

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 11:46:44 -0000

#361: Generating an RFC with v3?

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 An RFC number is a required attribute of <rfc> in order to generate an
 RFC.  With that in place, things should work as expected.

-- 
--------------------------------+--------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]       |      Owner:
      Type:  defect             |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium             |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version_3_cli_txt  |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  invalid            |   Keywords:
--------------------------------+--------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/361#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: Miek Gieben <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 07:16:18 +0100

[ Quoting <[email-masked]> in "Re: [xml2rfc] #361 (Version_3_cli_t..." ]
> RFC.  With that in place, things should work as expected.

That attribute is deprecated in 7991:

2.45.7.  "number" Attribute

   Deprecated; instead, use the "value" attribute in <seriesInfo>.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 12:11:31 +0200

Hi Miek,

>    Deprecated; instead, use the "value" attribute in <seriesInfo>.

Trying to implement that, I found it unwieldy.  I thought I'd written up
the issue in draft-levkowetz-xml2rfc-v3-implementation-notes, but I see
that I missed it.  I'll do so in -01, out shortly.

Best regards,

	Henrik