Subject: [xml2rfc] #374 (Version_3_cli_txt): <bcp14> tags not rendered correct?

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 19:04:30 -0000

#374: <bcp14> tags not rendered correct?

 [btw; having a renderer that would take in incomplete XML snippets to
 render would really help in debugging]

 Anyway the following XML
 {{{
 <t>The key words &quot;<bcp14>MUST</bcp14>&quot;, &quot;<bcp14>MUST
 NOT</bcp14>&quot;, &quot;<bcp14>REQUIRED</bcp14>&quot;,
 &quot;<bcp14>SHALL</bcp14>&quot;, &quot;<bcp14>SHALL NOT</bcp14>&quot;,
 &quot;<bcp14>SHOULD</bcp14>&quot;,
 &quot;<bcp14>SHOULD NOT</bcp14>&quot;,
 &quot;<bcp14>RECOMMENDED</bcp14>&quot;, &quot;<bcp14>NOT
 RECOMMENDED</bcp14>&quot;, &quot;<bcp14>MAY</bcp14>&quot;, and
 &quot;<bcp14>OPTIONAL</bcp14>&quot; in this
 document are to be interpreted as described in BCP 14 <xref
 target="RFC2119"></xref> <xref target="RFC8174"></xref> when, and only
 when,
 they appear in all capitals, as shown here.</t>
 <t>The following terms are defined in <xref target="RFC8342"></xref> and
 are not redefined
 here:</t>
 }}}

 Now renders to:
 {{{
    The key words "MUSTMUST NOTREQUIREDSHALLSHALL NOTSHOULDSHOULD
    NOTRECOMMENDEDNOT RECOMMENDEDMAYOPTIONAL[RFC2119] [RFC8174] when, and
    only when, they appear in all capitals, as shown here.

    The following terms are defined in [RFC8342] and are not redefined
    here:
 }}}

 xml2rfc 2.10.1

-- 
-------------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect             |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium             |  Milestone:
Component:  Version_3_cli_txt  |    Version:  2.4.x
 Keywords:                     |
-------------------------------+-------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/374>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 21:16:02 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [2583]:

 Preserve the element tail when rendering <bcp14>.  Fixes issue #374.

-- 
--------------------------------+--------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]       |      Owner:
      Type:  defect             |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium             |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version_3_cli_txt  |    Version:  2.4.x
Resolution:  fixed              |   Keywords:
--------------------------------+--------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/374#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>