Subject: [xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: v2.12.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 13:48:01 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.12.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.12.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  This release introduces the vocabulary v3 html formatter.  In order to
  invoke this formatter, use the regular --html switch for html output, and
  add the --v3 switch to specify the v3 html formatter.

  In v3 html formatter mode, xml2rfc accepts any valid xml2rfc input file, but
  since the actual formatter only understands the XML elements and attributes
  which have not been deprecated by RFC7991, it first applies the xml2rfc v2v3
  converter in order to transform any deprecated markup to the elements and
  attributes it understands, and then applies the preptool in order to
  normalize the input before it starts rendering.

  This is the first release of the v3 html formatter.  It is quite feature
  complete, but has been tested only on a limited number of documents, so
  expect that there could be some rough edges.

  In building the html v3 formatter, a number of rough edges were also
  discovered in the schema, RFC 7991; html format output, RFC 7992; and
  preptool specification, RFC 7998.  The modifications applied in the code
  are described in draft-levkowetz-xml2rfc-v3-implementation-notes-05.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  28 Oct 2018 13:45:04 -0700

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.12.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 08:45:14 -0400

Will this be made available on https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/ ???

On 10/28/18 4:48 PM, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc
>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 14:09:57 +0100

Hi Paul,

Yes, that's the intention, but it will have to wait for Tony to have
the cycles to tweak the web frontend, as he's the maintainer for that.

(The xml2rfc binary is installed on the server, but won't do you much
good until the frontend has selections for v3 text and v3 html, and
invokes xml2rfc with the required --text --v3 / --html --v3 switches).

Best regards,

	Henrik