Subject: [xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: v2.15.1

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2018 12:19:24 -0800

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.15.1, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.15.1) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Added downcoding of punctuation followed by wrapping of other non-ascii 
    text in <u> for the v2v3 converter.

  * Added BaseV3Writer methods: downcode() and downcode_punctuation(), 
    get_text_tags() and get_inline_tags() (works this out from the schema), and 
    added a list of deprecated elements.

  * Fixed a typo in an error message.  Added asciification of smart quotes 
    and other punctuation for the v3 renderers  to match that done for v2.  
    Some class refactoring.

  * Changed the workaround for non-ascii metadata in setup.py to only be 
    active under py2.  Fixes a problem with setup.py under python 3.x

  * Reverted [2786], which permitted non-ascii characters inside artwork
    for the v2 renderers, but broke when trying to write to file without
    utf-8 encoding.  Fixes issue #387.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  01 Dec 2018 20:15:49 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.15.1'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)