Subject: [xml2rfc] bad country warning.

From: Christian Hopps <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 07:04:43 -0500

Hi,

So I get the following warning from xml2rfc:

    (No source line available): Warning: Did not find a recognized country entry for author Christian Hopps

I think this warning should be only be enabled if an actual author postal address is being given (and country is missing from it). In my case I am not specifying a postal address. RFC7332 agrees:

    Contact information must include a long-lived email address and
    optionally may include a postal address and/or telephone number. If
    the postal address is included, it should include the country name,
    using the English short name listed by the ISO 3166 Maintenance
    Agency [ISO_OBP].

Thanks,
Chris.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2019 13:44:58 +0100

Hi Chris,

On 2019-02-09 13:04, Christian Hopps wrote:
> I think this warning should be only be enabled if an actual author
> postal address is being given (and country is missing from it). In my
> case I am not specifying a postal address. RFC7332 agrees:
> 

Makes sense.  I'll make it so in the next release.

Rgds,

	Henrik