Subject: [xml2rfc] #394 (Version_3_cli_txt): Misleading text output for SVG artwork

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 09:42:46 -0000

#394: Misleading text output for SVG artwork

 For SVG inside <artwork> without type attribute, the generated output in
 text mode is:

    (Artwork only available as (unknown type): <None>)

 Not sure what the <None> is about, but the type should be known.

-- 
-----------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
Component:  Version_3_cli_txt      |    Version:  2.19.*
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+--------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/394>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 12:36:23 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 The artwork element in the file is:

 {{{
   <artwork alt="FOO"> ...
 }}}

 so there is no type information available when looking at the artwork
 element.  xml2rfc could do inspection of the element content to determine
 the type, certainly, but this has not been implemented, and it's not clear
 that it would be a win in the end.  Explicit is probably better,
 especially when the renderers have to choose the best type from
 alternative artwork executions, depending on output format.

 I'd have liked to let the {{{type}}} attribute on {{{<artwork>}}} have a
 default value, but that would cause incompatibility with legacy input
 files.

-- 
------------------------------------+--------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:
      Type:  defect                 |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version_3_cli_txt      |    Version:  2.19.*
Resolution:  invalid                |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+--------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/394#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>