Subject: [xml2rfc] #398 (Version 2 cli): <name> not accepted under <references>

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 13:00:55 -0000

#398: <name> not accepted under <references>

 When adding <name> under <references> an error is triggered:

 {{{
 INPUT(686): Error: Did not expect element name there, at
 /rfc/back/references/references[1]/name[2]
 }}}

 XML (line 686 is the <name> line below):

 {{{
   <back>
     <references>
       <name>Normative References</name>
       <xi:include
 href='http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml/reference.RFC.3491.xml'/>
 }}}

-- 
----------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect          |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium          |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli   |    Version:  2.10.x
 Keywords:                  |
----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/398>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 14:26:30 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 In email Henrik said the RFC tag should have a version="3" tag, and
 thought it should be there due to the fact I had used the v2v3 tool.

 It was not there. Addition of it required addition of other things to the
 RFC tag to what is now accepted:

 {{{
 <rfc docName="draft-faltstrom-unicode11-09" ipr='trust200902'
 xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude" tocInclude="true"
 symRefs="true" sortRefs="true" version="3" submissionType="IETF"
 category="std" consensus="true">
 }}}

 <name> is still not accepted after <references>. I because of that changed
 <name> to use title again as attribute to <references> so that it ends up
 like this:

 {{{
     <references title="Normative References">
 }}}

 That works.

 Unknown if this is the right thing. I think it is wrong the way I read
 RFC7991.

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                  |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/398#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2019 15:26:08 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [3083]:

 Fixed an issue with <references> sections where duplicate name entries
 could be created during the prep phase, leading to schema validation
 failure.  Fixes issue #398.

-- 
-----------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect          |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium          |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli   |    Version:  2.10.x
Resolution:  fixed           |   Keywords:
-----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/398#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>