Subject: [xml2rfc] #400 (Version 2 cli): ascii artwork inside an artset cannot be sourced from a file

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 10:55:14 -0000

#400: ascii artwork inside an artset cannot be sourced from a file

 I am attempting to move to v3 with svg and ascii art diagrams. My
 workflow has the ascii diagrams in seperate files and I use a tool
 (github.com/blampe/goat) to render svg from this. This works well,
 however I am unable to src txt files in an artset block.

 i.e.

 <artwork type="ascci-art" src="diagrams/dplpmtud-impl-
 examples.txt"></artwork>

 renders correctly, but

 <artset>
 <artwork type="svg" src="diagrams/dplpmtud-impl-examples.svg"></artwork>
 <artwork type="ascci-art" src="diagrams/dplpmtud-impl-
 examples.txt"></artwork>
 </artset>

 The command
 $ xml2rfc --v3 --html --text draft-ietf-tsvwg-datagram-plpmtud.xml
 complains with
 draft-ietf-tsvwg-datagram-plpmtud.xml(923): Error: Expected ascii-art
 text, but found none.

 $ xml2rfc --version
 xml2rfc 2.22.2

-- 
--------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect              |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium              |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli       |    Version:  2.20.*
 Keywords:                      |
--------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/400>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 12:25:52 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Hi Tom

 A trivial attempt to duplicate this here fails; i.e., external source file
 content is included in the text output from the ascii-art <artwork> block
 in artset, and the external content from the svg <artwork> is included for
 the html output.  Could you provide the xml file and external files which
 result in failure as attachments to this ticket?  Maybe as a .tgz or .zip
 file, to preserve directory structure?

     Henrik

-- 
---------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                      |   Keywords:
---------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/400#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 06:56:19 -0700

Is the issue that that you misspelt ascii-art as the type?

> -----Original Message-----
> From: xml2rfc <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of xml2rfc issue
> tracker
> Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2019 3:55 AM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [xml2rfc] #400 (Version 2 cli): ascii artwork inside an artset
cannot be
> sourced from a file
workflow
> has the ascii diagrams in seperate files and I use a tool
> examples.txt"></artwork>  </artset>
> 
>  The command
text,
> but found none.
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc

---

From: Tom Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019 15:23:44 +0100

> >  draft-ietf-tsvwg-datagram-plpmtud.xml(923): Error: Expected ascii-art

It would be, sorry for the noise

- [tj]