Subject: [xml2rfc] Missing IEEE reference for 802.1Qbv

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 10:43:58 -0400

What's the procedure for getting a missing IEEE reference added to
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml6/ and/or
http://xml2rfc.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml-ieee/? The missing reference is
802.1Qbv-2015, see https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7572858 for the
IEEE publication information.

Thanks,
Andy

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 17:07:19 +0200

Hi Andy,

> IEEE publication information.

If you'll put together a reference .xml for this, I'll add it to the
repository.  There is a script to generate new ones, but it depends on
a IEEE publication metadata page that's gone away, so for now hand-building
the .xml is the only path available.

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 17:57:07 +0200

On May 8, 2019, at 16:43, Andrew G. Malis <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/7572858

Interestingly, that page lists a DOI:

10.1109/IEEESTD.2016.7572858

which is a 404 (!?):

https://doi.org/10.1109/IEEESTD.2016.7572858

References are hard :-)

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 18:05:17 +0200

The command

doilit -x=IEEE802.1Bqv 10.1109/IEEESTD.2016.7572858

would generate such an XML file if the IEEE DOI worked.  
Or you could reference directly from the kramdown-rfc YAML header:

informative:
  IEEE802.1Bqv: DOI.10.1109/IEEESTD.2016.7572858

I have submitted a bug report to crossref; let’s see how long that takes to be processed…

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 13:04:39 -0400

Carsten,

Thanks. Being able to use the DOI directly in kramdown is cool, thanks for
that hint. I also submitted bug reports to the IEEE and on the DOI website.

Cheers,
Andy