Subject: [xml2rfc] #412 (Version 2 cli): XML2RFC is blowing up on the attached draft

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 13:43:32 -0000

#412: XML2RFC is blowing up on the attached draft

 i couldn't find anything useful in the traceback:

 ORAN-M-51B7:Flowbalance Draft oran$ xml2rfc draft-oran-icnrg-
 flowbalance-00.xml
 Parsing file draft-oran-icnrg-flowbalance-00.xml
 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/local/bin/xml2rfc", line 11, in <module>
     load_entry_point('xml2rfc==2.5.2', 'console_scripts', 'xml2rfc')()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/run.py", line 233,
 in main
     pagedwriter.write(filename)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/base.py",
 line 1259, in write
     self._build_index()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/base.py",
 line 1103, in _build_index
     self._indexRef(ref_counter, title=title, anchor=ref.attrib["anchor"])
   File "src/lxml/lxml.etree.pyx", line 2452, in
 lxml.etree._Attrib.__getitem__ (src/lxml/lxml.etree.c:70080)
 KeyError: 'anchor'

-- 
----------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                 |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli         |    Version:  2.10.x
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/412>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2019 15:10:05 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Diagnostics from rfc2629.xslt:

 {{{

 WARNING: missing anchor on reference:
                                 An Improved Hop-by-hop Interest Shaper for
 Congestion Control in Named Data Networking, in ACM SIGCOMMx 2013
                                  (at line 245)
 WARNING: missing text in address/phone (at line 59)
 }}}

 So the @anchor element is missing on the reference.

 (rfc2629.xslt reports that as WARNING but it really is an ERROR).

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                        |   Keywords:
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/412#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>