Subject: [xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: v2.24.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 08:23:54 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.24.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.24.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  This release addresses a number of issues and minor feature requests from
  the RFC Editor.  Excerpt from the commit log:

  * Added a switch --rfc-reference-base-url to specify an alternative base url
    when using <xref> section links.

  * Stabilized XML and HTML output attribute order.  With lxml 4.40, the
    handling of attribute order changed for Py 3.6 and higher, to match the
    use of ordered dictionaries in Py3.6+.  Initial attributes set on an
    element are now sorted by key value.  This matches what lxml did
    previously, and still does for Py 2.7 and Py 3.[0-5].  Enforcing sorted
    initial attributes under Py 3.6+ makes our output more stable under
    varying versions of lxml and Python.

  * Added support for <xref> section references in the v3 text formatter.
    Refactored some of the xref handling in preptool.  Added warnings for some
    xref attribute and content combinations that don't make sense.

  * Tweaked the error message for use of -o with multiple output formats.

  * Tweaked the layout of v3 text front page to correctly handle unicode
    codepoints of different width than 1, in order to get correct line lengths
    for authors with CJK names.

  * Handled a problem with an unwanted space between year and the following
    comma in HTML <reference><date> rendering.

  * When using the built-in lxml Element remove() method, it unexpectedly
    removes not only the element, but also the element's tail.  Dealt with
    this by using our own remove() where needed.

  * Added pilcrows on <dd>, to match pilcrows on other list entries.

  * Removed address lines with only punctuation from the author address
    rendering, eliminating for instance lines containing only a comma.

  * Added a viewport meta tag, to improve rendering on some devices.

  * Added class 'selfRef' on some Figure and Table links that were missing it.

  * Changed the address format to always start with the author name, according
    to a conversation with the RFC-Editor staff in Prague.

  * Changed the V3 writer note() method to obey quiet and verbose in the same
    manner as log.note().

  * Changed the v3 validate() from being separate methods for the v2v3
    converter and the preptool to a common method on BaseV3Writer.

  * Tweaked the <date> handling to make year ranges and fuzzy dates possible.

  * Fixed an issue where text was lost when immediately preceded by <xref>.

  * Added a --bom text format option, to insert a BOM mark at the beginning of
    the text format output.  Also added a BOM test, and removed some
    irrelevant switches.

  * Made the line spacing of <sourcecode> the same as for <artwork>.

  * Removed stripping of horizontal whitespace at the start of artwork in list
    items.

  * Removed an unwanted attribute inheritance of 'ulEmpty' for <ul>.

  * Fixed an issue with the CSS stylesheet for compact <dl> lists.

  * Removed an unintentional change that would permit a 'contributor' author
    role.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  10 Aug 2019 08:22:35 -0700

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.24.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)