Subject: [xml2rfc] #417 (Version 2 cli): stack trace for deprecated element

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 12:29:17 -0000

#417: stack trace for deprecated element

 (for xml2rfc --v3)

 (don't take the input file seriously; it's just a work-in-progress
 artefact of format conversios; however xml2rfc should not fail the way it
 does)

 {{{
     c: '<Element list at 0x6fffea22890>'
 Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/bin/xml2rfc", line 10, in <module>
     sys.exit(main())
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/run.py", line 560, in
 main
     writer.write(filename)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 229, in write
     lines = self.render(self.root, width=72, joiners=joiners)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 272, in render
     res = func(e, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 2852, in render_rfc
     lines = self.ljoin(lines, c, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 450, in ljoin
     res = mklines(self.render(e, width, **kwargs), e)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 272, in render
     res = func(e, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 2039, in render_middle
     lines = self.ljoin(lines, c, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 450, in ljoin
     res = mklines(self.render(e, width, **kwargs), e)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 272, in render
     res = func(e, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 3120, in render_section
     lines = self.ljoin(lines, c, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 450, in ljoin
     res = mklines(self.render(e, width, **kwargs), e)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 272, in render
     res = func(e, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 3488, in render_t
     text = fill(self.inner_text_renderer(e), width=width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 508, in inner_text_renderer
     text += self.render(c, width, **kwargs)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/xml2rfc/writers/text.py", line
 268, in render
     self.warn(e, "Was asked to render a deprecated element: <%s>", (e.tag,
 ))
 TypeError: warn() takes exactly 3 arguments (4 given)

 }}}

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli          |    Version:  2.24.*
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/417>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 21:28:14 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed in [3227]:

 Fixed a string formatting error.  Fixes issue #417.

-- 
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
  Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
      Type:  defect                 |     Status:  closed
  Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
 Component:  Version 2 cli          |    Version:  2.24.*
Resolution:  fixed                  |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: </ticket/417#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>