Subject: [xml2rfc] #418 (Version 2 cli): weird index generation

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 06:07:22 -0000

#418: weird index generation

 - duplicate entries
 - missing linking

 (hard to describe, please see yourself)

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli          |    Version:  2.24.*
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/418>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 07:08:22 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Now that we're paginating in the text format, shouldn't we also re-add the
 pages back to the indices? (sorry unrelated to this issue - just ran
 xml2rfc 2.24.0, --v3 --text) on this draft. Index looks strange indeed.

-- 
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                         |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/418#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 12:49:34 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 There are known issues with Index generation and rendering, indeed.

 After consultation with the RFC Editor staff earlier this year, based on
 how seldom Index sections have been used, fixing this has been given a
 lower priority than other work necessary to address issues raised by the
 RFC Editor staff before the transition to publishing RFCs with XML as the
 authoritative version.

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/418#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>