Subject: [xml2rfc] IRTF boilerplate?

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 18:26:03 +0300

Folks,

I'm authoring an IRTF draft. I've set:
<?rfc submissionType="IRTF"?>

But it seems the output is the same as if I don't set this variable (and
hence it takes de default value of "IETF").

Is this the intented result? Or should bol¡ilerplates for IRTF documents
be different from IETF documents?

Thanks!

Cheers,
-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 17:46:58 +0200

Hi Fernando,

> be different from IETF documents?

In the v2 formatters, I think the only difference is in the stream name,
the top left of the front page (if no group name has been set), and the
consensus text.  In the v3 formatters, the boilerplate should also change
to mention IRTF instead of IETF.

If this doesn't match what you're seeing, please provide details of the
text you'd expect to be different, and the input XML file for debugging.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 19:27:27 +0300

On 23/8/19 18:46, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
> In the v2 formatters, 

FWIW, I'm using https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/ , which seems to be a v2
formatter.

I've set:
[...]

<workgroup>Internet Research Task Force (IRTF)</workgroup>

If I s/IRTF/IETF/, I get the same.

> I think the only difference is in the stream name,
> consensus text.  

I assume by 'group' you mean 'workgroup'? (which would explain things here).

> In the v3 formatters, the boilerplate should also change

Is a v3 formatter online?

Thanks! (for your prompt answer, but also for your usual work!)

Cheers,

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 18:53:29 +0200

On 23.08.2019 18:27, Fernando Gont wrote:
> ...

SubmissionType is an attribute on the <rfc> element, not a processing
instruction. See
<https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7749.html#element.rfc.attribute.submissionType>.

Best regards, Julian