Subject: [xml2rfc] #415 (Version 2 cli): show all validation errrors

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 08:37:11 -0000

#415: show all validation errrors

 I looks like xml2rfc stops at the first validation error. This is somewhat
 annoying if you have a *really* long document, but making a validate
 becomes a game of whack a mole.

 {{{
 Parsing file learninggo.xml
 learninggo.xml(3479): Error: Did not expect element blockquote there, at
 /rfc/middle/section[7]/section[4]/aside/blockquote
 learninggo.xml(3): Error: Invalid document before running preptool.
 Cannot continue, quitting now
 }}}

-- 
---------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]   |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect         |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium         |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli  |    Version:  2.10.x
 Keywords:                 |
---------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/415>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2019 10:41:31 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Replying to [ticket:415 miek@…]:
 > I looks like xml2rfc stops at the first validation error. This is
 somewhat annoying if you have a *really* long document, but making a
 validate becomes a game of whack a mole.

 This was (and is) the case for v2 input.  For v3 input, it should not be
 the case; I've gone to quite a bit of effort changing that behaviour.
 Could you provide the input document that shows this, please?

-- 
----------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                 |   Keywords:
----------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/415#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>