Subject: [xml2rfc] #419 (Version 2 cli): Error: Invalid attribute displayFormat for element xref

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 20:12:12 -0000

#419: Error: Invalid attribute displayFormat for element xref

 ...for something that seems to be valid to me.

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  medium                 |  Milestone:
Component:  Version 2 cli          |    Version:  2.24.*
 Keywords:                         |
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/419>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 03:52:01 -0000

Description changed by [email-masked]:

> ...for something that seems to be valid to me.

New description:

 ...for something that seems to be valid to me:

 {{{
    and optional TCP port (<xref target="RFC3986" displayFormat="comma"
 section="3.2.2"/>).
 }}}

--

-- 
------------------------------------+----------------------------------
Resolution:                         |   Keywords:
------------------------------------+----------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/419#comment:1>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>

---

From: "xml2rfc issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 08:21:40 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 It appears that <relref displayFormat=..> is accepted, though.

 According to <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levkowetz-xml2rfc-v3
 -implementation-notes-09#section-4.4.22>, <xref> should however work.

 (FWIW, I'd not only deprecate <relref> but remove it)

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/trac/ticket/419#comment:2>
xml2rfc <http://tools.ietf.org/tools/xml2rfc/>