Subject: [xml2rfc] xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org::xml2rfc.bibxml/bibxml3

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2019 22:10:13 -0700

when is `xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org::xml2rfc.bibxml/bibxml3` updated.  i
published draft-ymbk-lsvr-l3dl-signing-00.txt at Sat, 26 Oct 2019 21:21
UTC.  it's almost seven hours later, and has yet to appear in $subject

clue bat please

randy

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 19:35:35 +0100

Hi Randy,

> UTC.  it's almost seven hours later, and has yet to appear in $subject

Cronjobs to generate new I-D reference entries are started every 30
minutes, at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour.

However, if I look at the timestamps of entries in the bibxml3 directory,
they all have timestamps at exactly midnight PST.

So something isn't going exactly to plan, here.  I'm digging.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 11:59:47 -0700

> they all have timestamps at exactly midnight PST.

Oct 26 00:00, a day and a half ago

i demand a refund!!!!  :)

randy

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 20:16:43 +0100

> minutes, at 15 and 45 minutes past the hour.

(Ceterum censeo: this is not often enough when one is juggling webs of interdependent drafts.
I hope these are generated with a Makefile-like logic; this should be possible every minute or so.)

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: "Randy Bush" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 12:56:07 -0700

> (Ceterum censeo: this is not often enough when one is juggling webs of 

i am juggling interdependent drafts.  maybe i am more patient than you.
hourly would be fine.  every few days, though, kinda puts a dent in
my work flow. :)

randy

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 19:02:43 -0700

all good.  thanks!

owe you one.  din tai fung?

randy

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 15:00:27 +0100

Hi Carsten,

> I hope these are generated with a Makefile-like logic; this should be possible every minute or so.)

No.  These are old TCL scripts inherited from Marshall Rose.  I'm very
eager to scrap them and instead generate reference.*.xml entries on the
fly in the datatracker.  It's very overdue.  I actually started work on
that around 2018-04-16, but what with the regular v3 xml2rfc work I've
never found time and quiet to go back and complete it :-(

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 15:04:03 +0100

> hourly would be fine.  every few days, though, kinda puts a dent in

Yes.  It's not intended to be that way.

Best regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 15:09:29 +0100

> owe you one.  din tai fung?

Happy to.  Looking forward to it.

	Henrik