Subject: [xml2rfc] Boilerplate error on xml submission

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 10:48:33 -0500

Colleague is working on a draft from template I supplied.  It worked for 
me earlier in the month.

We are getting the following idnit:

   Showing Errors (**), Flaws (~~), Warnings (==), and Comments (--).
   Errors MUST be fixed before draft submission.  Flaws SHOULD be fixed 
before draft submission.

   Checking boilerplate required by RFC 5378 and the IETF Trust (see
   https://trustee.ietf.org/license-info):
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

   ** The document seems to lack a License Notice according IETF Trust
      Provisions of 28 Dec 2009, Section 6.b.ii or Provisions of 12 Sep 2009
      Section 6.b -- however, there's a paragraph with a matching beginning.
      Boilerplate error?

      IETF Trust Legal Provisions of 28-dec-2009, Section 6.b(ii), 
paragraph 3:
         This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal 
Provisions
         Relating to IETF Documents
         (https://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
         publication of this document.  Please review these documents
         carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with
         respect to this document.

      ... text found in draft:
         This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal 
Provisions
         Relating to IETF Documents
         (https://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
         publication of this document.
.....................................^

I believe this is due to the following:

<rfc xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude" 
docName="draft-card-tmrid-uas-01"
     category="std" ipr="trust200902" obsoletes="" updates="" 
submissionType="IETF"
     xml:lang="en" tocInclude="true" symRefs="true" sortRefs="true" 
version="3">

Is there something newer to XInclude?  Or is the problem somewhere else?

thanks

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 17:00:41 +0100

Hi Bob,

Could you send the .txt or .xml file that triggered this?

Best regards,

	Henrik

On 2020-01-29 16:48, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> xml2rfc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xml2rfc
>

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 11:05:34 -0500

Here is the xml.

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 11:06:49 -0500

Oh, the .txt was generated with the --v3 switch.

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 17:28:47 +0100

Hi Bob,

This is a flaw in the current idnits, caused by a page break after a
complete sentence in the boilerplate:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

   This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
   Provisions Relating to IETF Documents (https://trustee.ietf.org/
   license-info) in effect on the date of publication of this document.

Card, et al.              Expires 1 August 2020                 [Page 1]
^L
Internet-Draft                UAS Remote ID                 January 2020

   Please review these documents carefully, as they describe your rights

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The remedy is silly:  Make the abstract one line shorter or longer.

This will be fixed when the rewrite of idnits in python is complete and
deployed.

Best regards,

	Henrik