Subject: [xml2rfc] Adding an anchor to references?

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 16:26:12 -0500

I have used:

     <xi:include 
href="https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml7/reference.DOI.10.6028/NIST.SP.800-56Cr1.xml?anchor=NIST.SP.800-56Cr1"/>

where I then reference this with

<xref target="NIST.SP.800-56Cr1" format="default"> </xref>

So I tried that with a regular Internet draft:

<xi:include 
href="https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.moskowitz-hip-hierarchical-hit.xml?anchor=hierarchical-hit"/>

But it did not work.

draft-moskowitz-tmrid-crowd-sourced-rid-00.xml(0): Error: IDREF 
attribute target references an unknown ID "hierarchical-hit", at None

I did some looking into RFC 7991 
(https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7991.html#XInclude) and perhaps I 
should be using

<displayreference target="I-D.moskowitz-hip-hierarchical-hit" 
to="hierarchical-hit"/>

Somewhere in the <back> section?  Would that come before or after the 
xi:include?

thanks

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 23:46:12 +0100

> href="https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/public/rfc/bibxml3/reference.I-D.moskowitz-hip-hierarchical-hit.xml?anchor=hierarchical-hit"/>

Whether the anchor renaming works depends on the service generating the
reference, not the vocabulary.

The different "folders" on tools.ietf.org are backed by different code,
so they do not behave the same.

> Somewhere in the <back> section?  Would that come before or after the

See <https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7991.html#element.back>. So
yes, as (first) child element of <back>.

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 19:05:15 -0500

> yes, as (first) child element of <back>.

thanks that works nicely.  I am beginning to get the hang on finding 
things in 7791