Subject: [xml2rfc] New xml2rfc release: v2.43.0

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 07:02:21 -0700

Hi,

This is an automatic notification about a new xml2rfc release, 
v2.43.0, generated when running the mkrelease script.

Release notes:

xml2rfc (2.43.0) ietf; urgency=medium

  * Added a workaround for weasyprint's extreme unwillingness to break 
    between <dd> and <dt>, which looks like a bug.  Fixes issue #514.

  * Fixed a discrepancy in address handling between text and html output.  
    Fixes issue #509

  * Added more flexible text formatter handling of orphans and widows, and
    changed the default orphans/widows setting to 2 (matching the default
    CSS setting).

  * Changed the CSS to not page break before the ToC, support
    keepWithPrevious, and deal better with how some artwork, figures and
    tables break across pages. Fixes issue #511.

  * Changed the keepWithNext handling for the generated ToC to group the
    first 3 lines together, to avoid one-line orphans when page-breaking
    the ToC.  Also fixed some pyflakes issues with regex strings.

  * Added text formatter support for 'keepWithPrevious', even if the
    preptool generally converts 'keepWithPrevious' to 'keepWithNext' on
    the previous element.

  * Added setting '.keepWithPrevious' on html elements when set on the
    precursor xml element.

  * Added v2v3 converter code to set 'keepWithNext' and 'keepWithPrevious'
    when converting <preamble> and <postamble> elements to <t> elements,
    to keep the grouping.

  * Added code to the command-line runner to set some option default values
    that don't have matchinb command-line switches.

  * Added default settings for orphans and widows during text rendering.

  * Reduced the CSS font-family for body to only Noto Serif.  Addresses
    issue #500.

 -- Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>  11 Apr 2020 13:31:48 +0000

The preferred way to install xml2rfc is by doing 'pip install xml2rfc',
and 'pip install --upgrade xml2rfc' to upgrade.  If there are system-
installed python modules which pip will not upgrade, you may have to
use 'pip install --upgrade --no-deps xml2rfc' and install dependencies
manually.

The new version is also available through SVN checkout, with
  'svn checkout http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/tools/xml2rfc/tags/cli/2.43.0'

Regards,

	Henrik
	(via the mkrelease script)