Subject: [xml2rfc] itu-t ref

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 21:08:38 -0700

dear lazynet,

i am trying to gen the xml for an older rfc.  the conver at
https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/index.html#id2xml produced xml that a few
hours could turn into xml readable by both xml2rfc and me and other
humans.  whew!

but how to i generate the reference for

 [X.690]   ITU-T Recommendation X.690 (2002) | ISO/IEC 8825-1:2002,
           Information technology - ASN.1 encoding rules:
           Specification of Basic Encoding Rules (BER), Canonical
           Encoding Rules (CER) and Distinguished Encoding Rules
           (DER).

thanks

randy

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 21:12:52 -0700

> https://xml2rfc.tools.ietf.org/index.html#id2xml produced xml that a
> few hours could turn into xml readable by both xml2rfc and me and
> other humans.  whew!

btw, i think it is a miracle that i could

   rfc.txt -->  xml  -->  xml2rfc  -->  draft.txt

and the diff between the rfc and the draft was white space

kudus!

randy

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 06:40:44 +0200

bibxml2/reference.CCITT.X690.2002.xml

references this, but doesn’t have the double title with ITU-T and ISO/IEC numbers.

Grüße, Carsten

> On 2020-05-05, at 06:08, Randy Bush <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Grüße, Carsten

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<reference anchor="CCITT.X690.2002">
<front>
<title>ASN.1 encoding rules: Specification of basic encoding Rules (BER), Canonical encoding rules (CER) and Distinguished encoding rules (DER)</title>
<author>
<organization>International International Telephone and Telegraph
Consultative Committee</organization>
</author>
<date month="July" year="2002" />
</front>

<seriesInfo name="CCITT" value="Recommendation X.690" />

</reference>

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 13:08:41 +0200

> and the diff between the rfc and the draft was white space

:-)

	Henrik

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2020 13:52:06 +0200

On 2020-05-05, at 06:40, Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> International International

OK, so maybe we want to get bibxml2/reference.CCITT.X690.2002.xml fixed (and we could add the missing parts of the title as well).

I must admit I don’t know who to talk to on the need for a fix.

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 08:56:27 -0700

> <seriesInfo name="CCITT" value="Recommendation X.690" />

thanks!!!

randy