Subject: [xml2rfc] Artwork only available as svg

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 16:57:59 +1200

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something obvious, but when embedding <svg> in-line in <artwork> the conversion to v3 txt produces this:

      (Artwork only available as svg: No external link available, see
      draft-carpenter-eligibility-expand-03.html for artwork.)

I naively hoped that <artwork alt="blah blah"> would replace that, but it doesn't.

Is there a solution?

Regards
   Brian Carpenter

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 07:02:55 +0200

> Is there a solution?

I’m not sure I get what you are trying to do, but the solution likely is <artset>.
E.g., see https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-onedm-t2trg-sdf-00.xml :

<figure anchor="fig-class-1" align="left" suppress-title="false" pn="figure-2">
          <name slugifiedName="name-main-classes-used-in-sdf-mo">Main classes used in SDF models</name>
          <artset pn="section-2.2-2.1">
            <artwork type="svg" name="" align="left" alt="" pn="section-2.2-2.1.1"><svg …
 </svg>
            </artwork>
            <artwork type="ascii-art" name="" align="left" alt="" pn="section-2.2-2.1.2"><![CDATA[ …
]]></artwork>
          </artset>
        </figure>

Grüße, Carsten

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 07:36:34 +0200

> I naively hoped that <artwork alt="blah blah"> would replace that, but it doesn't.

That was the plan in RFC 7991.

> Is there a solution?

See
<https://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-iab-rfc7991bis-03.html#element.artset>.

Best regards, Julian