Subject: [xml2rfc] Very low priority annoyance with weasyprint

From: "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 16:15:28 -0400

When I generate pdf output, my weasyprint installation gives a soft 
error of:

oran@ORAN-M-51B7 draft-oran-icnrg-qosarch % xml2rfc --pdf 
draft-oran-icnrg-qosarch-05.xml
ERROR:weasyprint:Failed to load stylesheet at 
https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Noto+Sans : URLError: <urlopen 
error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable 
to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1108)>
ERROR:weasyprint:Failed to load stylesheet at 
https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Noto+Serif : URLError: <urlopen 
error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable 
to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1108)>
ERROR:weasyprint:Failed to load stylesheet at 
https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Mono : URLError: <urlopen 
error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable 
to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1108)>

This doesn’t affect the output (at least I don’t think so) but I’d 
appreciate a clue bat for how to eliminate these errors.

Thanks!

DaveO

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Aug 2020 23:16:45 -0400

Try this
$ pip3 install certifi

That's an up to date certificate bundle that should make it happier.

---

From: "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 09:18:28 -0400

> That's an up to date certificate bundle that should make it happier.
Thanks for the clue.

I already had an installation and did a pip3 install --upgrade certifi 
which got me to certifi-2020.6.20.

Unfortunately, it didn’t help - same error.

Interestingly, if I go to those URLs in a browser, I get no complaints.

Other ideas?

DaveO

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Aug 2020 12:01:45 -0400

Hard to say. On my Mac and FreeBSD and Henrik's linux it is ok, so what's different on your setup? Autocorrectly,John
-------- Original message --------From: "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]> Date: 8/21/20  09:28  (GMT-05:00) To: John Levine <[email-masked]> Cc: [email-masked] Subject: Re: [xml2rfc] Very low priority annoyance with weasyprint On 20 Aug 2020, at 23:16, John Levine wrote:> Try this> $ pip3 install certifi>> That's an up to date certificate bundle that should make it happier.>Thanks for the clue.I already had an installation and did a pip3 install --upgrade certifi which got me to certifi-2020.6.20.Unfortunately, it didn’t help - same error.Interestingly, if I go to those URLs in a browser, I get no complaints.Other ideas?>> In article <[email-masked]> you > write:>> When I generate pdf output, my weasyprint installation gives a soft>> error of:>>>> oran@ORAN-M-51B7 draft-oran-icnrg-qosarch % xml2rfc --pdf>> draft-oran-icnrg-qosarch-05.xml>> ERROR:weasyprint:Failed to load stylesheet at>> https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Noto+Sans : URLError: >> <urlopen>> error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: >> unable>> to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1108)>>> ERROR:weasyprint:Failed to load stylesheet at>> https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Noto+Serif : URLError: >> <urlopen>> error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: >> unable>> to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1108)>>> ERROR:weasyprint:Failed to load stylesheet at>> https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto+Mono : URLError: >> <urlopen>> error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: >> unable>> to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1108)>>>>> This doesn’t affect the output (at least I don’t think so) but >> I’d>> appreciate a clue bat for how to eliminate these errors.>>>> Thanks!>>>>>> DaveO>>DaveO