Subject: [yaco-nomcom-tool] Nomcom Public key

From: Emilio Jimenez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 15:08:32 +0100

Hi Henrik,

i have an important question:

What if there isn't a nomcom public key when the users submit feedback?
should the public key be required when you create the nomcom? or it must be
optional and if there isn't a public key the comment will be stored
unencrypted

Best regards

-- 

Emilio J. Jiménez del Moral
Yaco Sistemas S.L. | http://www.yaco.es
C/ Rioja 5, 41001 Sevilla (España)
Teléfono: (+34) 954 50 00 57 | Fax (+34) 954 50 09 29

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 17:04:36 +0100

Hi Emilio,

> optional and if there isn't a public key the comment will be stored

Neither.  The public key will never be available when the new nomcom instance
is created, as that is done by the secretariat, well ahead of the time when the
nomcom chair creates the public key.

If there is no public key available, the web-sites should not provide feedback
forms (but should say that feedback will be possible once the feedback encryption
configuration has been completed) and email feedback should be forwarded to the
chair with an added note that the encryption key is missing so the content could
not be saved.

Best regards,

	Henrik