Subject: [yaco-nomcom-tool] Question about merging nominations

From: "Emilio A. Sánchez López" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 09:30:27 +0100

Hi Henrik,

    We have a doubt about merging nominations.

    If some person has been nominated to the same position using 
different emails the tool provide the chair with an interface to merge 
this nominations into one.

    The question is what to do when the nominations we have to merge 
have different status? If the nominee has accepted one of them and the 
other one is pending there is no problem we can assert that the 
nomination is accepted. But what if the nominee has accepted one and 
rejected the other?

    Maybe we should keep the status of the first nomination. So if the 
chair choose to merge Nomination2 into Nomination1 then we keep the 
status of Nomination1 and ignore the status of Nomination2.

    The other questions is about questionnaires. What if the nominee has 
sent two different questionnaires using two different emails? I know 
that this case is a bit extreme, probably a nominee will never fill two 
times the same questionnaire, instead he will blame the chair about 
using only one email. But if we found this case, we should drop some 
questionnaire or we should keep two of them?

    Best,

-- 
Emilio A. Sánchez
[email-masked]

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 11:05:34 +0100

Hi Emilio,

> this nominations into one.

Right.

> status of Nomination1 and ignore the status of Nomination2.

I'd suggest that you instead look at the datestamp of the acceptance and
rejection, and use the latest one.  (I assume that both of the messages
(the rejection and the acceptance) will be preserved.)

> questionnaire or we should keep two of them?

Keep both.

(Don't reduce information irretrievably if it's not needed.)

Best regards,

	Henrik