Subject: status report and moving forward

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 17:38:40 +0200 (MET DST)

ZEROCONF Status Report:

We are making progress on our charter.

Goals and Milestones:

 DONE     Submit internet-draft to be considered as an Informational 
          RFC on Requirements for Zero Configuration Networking.

 DONE     Submit Automatic Address Configuration for IPv4 to be 
          considered as a Standards Track RFC.

 Aug 01   Submit Multicast Address Allocation Protocol for Zeroconf 
          Networks to be considered as a Standards Track RFC.

 Please comment on draft-ietf-zeroconf-zmaap-01.txt!!!

 Aug 01   Submit internet-draft to be considered as an Informational 
          RFC on Host Profile for Zero Configuration Networking.

 We need to open discussion on this, on the mailing list.

Moving Forward

 [1] Complete work on ZMAAP.  Please review the ZMAAP draft.
     
 [2] Create a zeroconf host profile?  Of what form?

Erik