Subject: please read: draft-ietf-zeroconf-host-prof-00.txt

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:24:19 +0200 (MET DST)

I have submitted a new internet draft which is intended to
(begin to) fulfill our last remaining unaddressed charter
item.

   This WG will produce two documents. The first describes 
   the requirements for the configuration (and security) 
   services, defaults, and mechanisms a node needs to fully 
   participate on ZEROCONF networks and/or configured networks. 
   
 ! The second, which follows the first, will detail a 'profile' 
 ! specifying which standards specifically satisfy ZEROCONF 
 ! requirements. 

Our goal is to submit this document by Aug 01.  This is probably
not reasonable,  but please read the document and send your 
comments to the list soon.

                             --=--=--

	Title		: Zeroconf Host Profile
	Filename	: draft-ietf-zeroconf-host-prof-00.txt
	
Requirements for Internet routers [RFC 1812] and hosts [RFC 1122]
[RFC 1123] provide guidance to vendors and users of Internet
communication software.  They represent consensus arising from
experience.  This document similarly associates a set of protocols
together for a particular purpose.  In contrast to router and host
requirements standards, the Zeroconf Host Profile does not arise out
of experience, (though relevant experience is cited.)  Instead, this
comprises a set of protocols which complement each other when
implemented together.

                             --=--=--

Erik