Subject: Yesterday

From: Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:15:47 -0700

>And yesterday was a complete loss, I'm afraid.

I don't believe there is anyone on this list, no matter where they are or 
what nationality, who could not be profoundly upset by yesterday's events.

Yesterday I felt that as co-chair of the working group that perhaps I 
should make some kind of statement, but I could find no words to say. I 
wanted to give blood, but they won't take blood from English people 
because of fears of mad cow disease.

The offices at Apple were half empty, and of the people who were there,
I didn't see a single one who didn't have a window open on their screen 
showing the CNN multicast video feed.

I still don't have any good words to say, and anyway this is probably not 
the right forum for that, but I thank you for your one simple sentence 
that sums up what many of us are feeling.

Stuart Cheshire <[email-masked]>
 * Wizard Without Portfolio, Apple Computer
 * Chairman, IETF ZEROCONF
 * www.stuartcheshire.org