Subject: [OT] Implementers discussion list

From: Brad Hards <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:06:04 +1000

Since there appears to be moves to close up the Zeroconf working group, I'd 
like to invite anyone interested in implementing zeroconf technologies to 
join the "zeroconf-workers" mailing list. This list is wide-ranging - it 
doesn't restrict itself to "in-scope" tasks for the Zeroconf working group. 
Think of it as an integrators list for people that want to test and deploy 
working systems.

Particular things of interest:
* Automating configuration on common applications (eg modifying squid and 
apache to automagically provide proxy config settings to various browsers)
* Trial installations of zeroconf naming solutions (eg LLMNR and 
http://developer.apple.com/macosx/rendezvous/)
* Modifications to various existing apps to make them work sensibly in a 
multi-home environment.
* Anything else that makes networking possible for the "mum and dad" (aka "mom 
and pop") type user.

<quote>
About zeroconf-workers 

This list is for people interested in making networking easy to use, by 
removing the need for network configuration. 

Specifical topics that are appropriate for this list include protocol 
implementation (including, but not restricted to IETF Zeroconf protocols), 
integration of zeroconfiguration technologies into new and existing 
applications, and integrating various techniques and applications into 
Unix-like operating systems (including Linux and Mac OS X). 

This is not an appropriate list to ask general questions about networking, or 
for step-by-step tutorial assistance. 

This list is hosted on Sourceforge, and discussion of software that is not 
generally available with source is probably off-topic. 
</quote>

https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/zeroconf-workers is the mailman 
interface to subscribe.

Administrivia:
* I have configured the list so that only subscribers can post, in an attempt 
to reduce spam.
* I am really tolerant about topic, just as long as people play nice.
* The list is archived - see 
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=zeroconf-workers  

- -- 
http://conf.linux.org.au. 22-25Jan2003. Perth, Australia. Birds in Black.