Subject: use of LL by light switches

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:44:47 -0500

you know, I don't see anything in zeroconf's charter that says that
it is supposed to make IP usable by stupid light switches.

zeroconf's problems were difficult enough to solve without extending
its scope far beyond that which was intended.

Keith

---

From: "John C. Welch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:44:47 -0500

> its scope far beyond that which was intended.

Keith's got a point here...let's keep the spec as simple as possible,
without getting into arguments on possible permutations of future
configurations that may create the possibility that you might lose power
just as the winner of "Survivor: Atlantis" was announced.

john

-- 
John C. Welch
Consultant III
Administrative Computing
(617) 253 - 1368 work
(508) 579 - 7380 cell
bynkii2          AIM