Subject: Support: LL21

From: Aidan Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:34:03 +1100

I don't think the TTL=255 check adds anything significant
from a security point of view, or from an "incentive" p.o.v.

TTL=1 isn't going to prevent leakage in my opinion since
leakage will occur with packets that do *not* have TTL=1,
because leakage comes from hosts that don't understand IPv4-LL.

I accept that setting TTL=255 "for now" in an attempt to
help with compatibilty problems is not a useful long term
solution.

I agree with Robert Elz that the whole TTL thing should just
be deleted.

Hand in hand with my position goes:

Reject: LL3
Reject: LL21

---

From: Aidan Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:54:15 +1100

> Reject: LL21

Oops.  That should be "Reject: LL29"
- aidan