Subject: zeroconf wg status report

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:39:47 +0100

I regret that I have been very busy for the past couple months.
Let's work determinedly to wrap up the remaining issues facing
the ZEROCONF WG and conclude it.

The status is:

  - There has been informal agreement to remove the requirements
    document from our charter.

    Action: I will seek formal (consensus) agreement on this point now.

  - All IPv4LL issues had been closed and the document went
    to Thomas Narten for review.  He returned a list of comments
    to me on Nov 4.

    Action: His issues are included below.

  - Discussion was raised on the DHC WG mailing list.  This
    resulted in an additional set of comments (from Ralph
    Droms and Ted Lemon).

    Action: Their issues are included below.

  - There was discussion of adding a 'state machine' diagram.
    While this was useful on the mailing list, new material
    will not be suggested for the IPv4LL specification.

    Action: None.

  - One issue (LL34) achieved an extremely rough consensus, for
    which there was much ensuing discussion.  The change suggested
    by LL34 is already in draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-10.txt

    Action: While we will consider this issue 'approved', a
    summary of the issues presented in LL34 thread and the
    suggested changes will be presented in a separate email.
    We must come to closure on these issues.

I will be sending the following issues which arose during the
last round of discussion, ending mid October.

Submitter      Issue
-------------  ------------------------------------------
Ralph Droms    LL35  Improve abstract
Ralph Droms    LL36  Combine and rework section 1.7 and 2.11 to be clearer
                      **needs text**!
Thomas Narten  LL37  Aggressive time-outs and total delay range confusion
Thomas Narten  LL38  Remove vestigial link-local only device text
Thomas Narten  LL39  Remove multiple interface discussion
                      from probe details
Ted Lemon      LL40  IPv4 LL does not alter the behavior
                      of the DHCPv4 state machine

Best regards,

Erik

---

From: Aidan Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 12:24:53 +1100

>    Action: I will seek formal (consensus) agreement on this point now.

OK by me.  There seems little chance of moving it to completion.

- aidan