Subject: WG ACTION: 1 week to discuss [LL50] Simple forwarding rule needs caveat

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:13:22 +0100 (MET)

Please respond to the following issue in the week ending 25 Mar 05.  If
no comments are received the assumed action will be to accept the
proposed change.

----

LL50

Description of Issue: Simple forwarding rule text needs caveat
Submitter Name:       Alex Zinin
Submitter Email:      [email-masked]
Date submitted:       20 Feb 04
Reference:            
(T=tech, E=edit):     E
Priority (S must, 1 Should, 2 May fix):  2
Section:              2.6.2
Rationale/Explanation: 
Long Description:

> 2.6.2.  Forwarding Rules
...
>    In many network stacks, achieving this functionality may be as
simple
>    as adding a routing table entry indicating that 169.254/16 is
>    directly reachable on the local link.

Mentioning that this won't work for multihomed hosts and routers and
pointing
to the section discussing this would be useful.

Proposed Change:

Change text from:

   In many network stacks, achieving this functionality may be as simple
   as adding a routing table entry indicating that 169.254/16 is
   directly reachable on the local link.

To:

   In many network stacks, achieving this functionality may be as simple
   as adding a routing table entry indicating that 169.254/16 is
   directly reachable on the local link.  This approach will not work
for
   routers or multihomed hosts.  Refer to section 3 for more discussion
   of multihomed hosts.

----
Erik