Subject: IESG review of draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-13.txt

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:33:18 +0100 (MET)

The IESG has concluded a review of the IPv4LL spec.  The following
new issues will be discussed over the next week.  It is not
anticipated that these will be controversial issues.  If an issue
does not elicit debate, I will assume that the suggested change
will be adopted.

LL41 Broadcast text for IPv4 LL
LL42 Category inconsistency for DNS / IPv4LL prohibition
LL43 Clarify rules for use of LL vs routeable addresses
LL44 Clarify higher layer protocol considerations
LL45 Embellish text coping with scoped addresses
LL46 Text implies limited applicability
LL47 IESG nits
LL48 Some security section text should be relocated
LL49 Lower case 2 MUSTs
LL50 Simple forwarding rule text needs caveat
LL51 Embellish Address Ambiguity problem statement

Please post your responses to these issues to the zeroconf mailing
list in the next week, ending 24 Mar 04.

Thanks,

Erik Guttman
Zeroconf WG chair

---

From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:36:06 -0500

Erik - it may have been a while since some of us accessed the zeroconf issue
tracker.  Would you please post the location to refresh my memory?  Thanks...

- Ralph

---

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:58:24 +0100 (MET)

Ralph,

the current tracker is at
http://www.drizzle.org/~aboba/ZEROCONF/issues.html

The latest set of issues will be posted in the next 24 hours.
Currently all issues in the tracker are resolved.  We have 
completed IETF last call and made the requested very minor
clarifying changes.  All we have ahead of us is responding to
the comments from the IESG.  I will post the remaining issues
to the list in the next few hours as time permits.

Erik

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- 
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Ralph Droms wrote:

> Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:36:06 -0500
> From: Ralph Droms <[email-masked]>
> To: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: IESG review of draft-ietf-zeroconf-ipv4-linklocal-13.txt
> 

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.
 E r i k   G u t t m a n
 N1 Content -|- Sun Microsystems               cell: +49 172 865 5497