Subject: WG ACTION: ACCEPT [LL49] Lower case 2 MUSTs

From: Erik Guttman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 17:38:05 +0200 (MEST)

Action: Accept

LL49

Description of Issue: Lower case 2 MUSTs
Submitter Name:       Alex Zinin
Submitter Email:      
Date submitted:       20 Feb 04
Reference:            
(T=tech, E=edit):     E
Priority (S must, 1 Should, 2 May fix): S
Section:               Intorduction
Rationale/Explanation: 
Long Description:

> 1.  Introduction
...
>    Microsoft Windows 98 (and later) and Mac OS 8.5 (and later) already
>    support this capability.  This document standardizes usage,
>    prescribing rules for how Link-Local IPv4 addresses MUST be treated
>    by hosts and routers.  In particular, it describes how routers MUST
>    behave when receiving packets with IPv4 Link-Local addresses in the
>    source or destination address.  With respect to hosts, it discusses
>    claiming and defending addresses, maintaining Link-Local and
routable
>    IPv4 addresses on the same interface, and multihoming issues.
 
The two "MUST" above should be lower case.

Proposed Change:

from:

     Microsoft Windows 98 (and later) and Mac OS 8.5 (and later) already
     support this capability.  This document standardizes usage,
     prescribing rules for how Link-Local IPv4 addresses MUST be treated
     by hosts and routers.  In particular, it describes how routers MUST
     behave when receiving packets with IPv4 Link-Local addresses in the
     source or destination address.  With respect to hosts, it discusses
     claiming and defending addresses, maintaining Link-Local and
routable
     IPv4 addresses on the same interface, and multihoming issues.
 
to:

Microsoft Windows 98 (and later) and Mac OS 8.5 (and later) already
support this capability.  This document standardizes usage,
prescribing rules for how Link-Local IPv4 addresses are to be treated
by hosts and routers.  In particular, it describes how routers are to
behave when receiving packets with IPv4 Link-Local addresses in the
source or destination address.  With respect to hosts, it discusses
claiming and defending addresses, maintaining Link-Local and
routable IPv4 addresses on the same interface, and multihoming issues.

-----
Thanks go to Brad Hards for tightening the text in this section.

Erik