Subject: '' CONFIDENTIAL & URGENT ''

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:47:00 +0200

DR.PETER TAMBO,
DEPARTMENT OF MINERALS AND ENERGY,
PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA.
Tel No: +27-72-878-2528
EMAIL:[email-masked]

ATTN:SIR/MADAM, 

                    STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL & URGENT

It is my great pleasure to write you this letter on behalf of my 
colleagues. Your information was given to me by a member of the South African 
Export Promotion Council (SAEPC) who was with the Government delegation 
on a trip to your country for a bilateral conference talk to encourage 
foreign investors. I have decided to seek a confidential co-operation 
with you in the execution of the deal hereunder for the benefit of all 
parties and hope you will keep it confidential because of the nature of 
this business.

Within the Department of Minerals & Energy where I work as a Director 
of Audit and Project Implementation and with the co-operation of two 
other top officials, we have in our possession an overdue payment in US 
funds.

The said funds represent certain percentage of the total contract value 
executed on behalf of my Department by a foreign contracting firm, 
which we the officials over-invoiced to the amount of US$26.500,000.00 
(TwentySix Million Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars). Though the actual 
contract cost has been paid to the original contractor, leaving the excess 
balance unclaimed.

Since the present elected Government is determined to pay foreign 
contractors all debts owed, so as to maintain good relationship with foreign 
governments and non-government agencies, we included our bills for 
approvals with the Department of Finance and the South Africa Reserve Bank 
(SARB). We are seeking your assistance to front as beneficiary of the 
unclaimed funds, since we are not allowed to operate foreign accounts. 
Details and change of beneficiary information upon application for claim 
to reflect payment and approvals will be secured on behalf of you/your 
Company.

I have the authority of my partners involved to propose that should you 
be willing to assist us in this transaction your share as compensation 
will be US$6.625m (25%), while my colleagues and I receive US$17.225m 
(65%) and the balance of US$2.650m (10%) for taxation and miscellaneous 
expenses incurred.  

The business is completely safe and secure, provided you treat it with 
utmost confidentiality.  It does not matter whether you/your Company 
does contract projects, as a transfer of powers will be secured in favour 
of you/your Company. Also, your area of specialization is not a 
hindrance to the successful execution of this transaction. I have reposed my 
confidence in you and hope that you will not disappoint us.

Kindly notify me by telephone on 27-72-878-2528 or my email address:petertamb
@netscape.net
for further details upon your acceptance of this proposal.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Regards,

DR.PETER TAMBO.

N.B Please email your confidential Telephone number to enable me contact
you
for further clarifications.